Visitors are welcome, but please call in advance to be sure that we are available. Casual visits can include a brief tour of the sugarhouse, an explanation of the sugaring process and a visit to the Farm Store. If you’re looking for a more comprehensive experience consider visiting during sugaring season or during one of our open house events or schedule a “Group Tour”. All tours during open house events are free.
Our season usually runs from some time in February or early March until late March or early April. Mother Nature decides when the sap will flow as everything is weather dependent and very unpredictable. Please call before coming and we’ll try to let you know if we’ll be boiling. Visitors are welcome at other times of the year, but once again make sure to call ahead just in case we are out working in the sugarbush.
Directions to Toad Hill Maple Farm
- Take I-87 the Adirondack Northway exit 23.
- From the south turn left at the end of the exit ramp and from the north turn right.
- Go 0.2 to 0.4 miles on county route 35 (Diamond Point Road).
- At the red light turn right and go north on US Route 9 (Main Street) 0.8 miles.
- Turn left onto State Route 418 west and go approximately 3.7 miles
- Turn right onto Athol Road (County Route 4)
- At the 418/Athol Road intersection and the next three intersections look for the Toad Hill Maple Farm directional signs.
- Note: Athol Road will change into High Street
- Turn right onto Charles Olds Road (a gravel road) go 0.6 miles.
- Toad Hill Maple Farm is on the left.